Online gambling is a growing industry in Canada. As technology allows players the convenience of gambling at home or while on the go using their mobile phones, people are curious about how the digital gaming network operates. Some of the most common questions that players ask about online casinos revolve around legality, banking, and their overall reliability:
- Is Online Gambling Legal In Canada?
Many Canadians are still unaware that online gambling is legal in Canada. The federal government regulates trusted online casinos, which hold licenses from gaming centres like the Isle of Man or the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA), to service the Canadian internet betting market.
Online gambling authorization ultimately falls under the jurisdiction of the provinces, and many provincial gambling authorities licensed their own branded online casinos. Players can see the growth of legalized online gambling in Canada by reviewing industry insights.
- What Is The Age Requirement For Playing On Gambling Sites?
Within Canada, as well as most jurisdictions around the world, players must be at least 18 years of age to register an online casino account.
- Is It Safe to Transfer Money to Online Casinos?
Trusted online casinos ensure that the personal and financial security of their players is protected through encrypted software, known as Secure Socket Layers. These SSLs code banking information on all player accounts to protect the data from any outside hackers or spammers. Accounts are guarded with passcodes that only accountholders can access.
- Do I Need A Credit Card to Sign Up with an Online Casino?
While many players stick with credit cards to register casino accounts, all casinos promoted through Onlinecasino.org accept a variety of account setup and payment options. Canadians particularly appreciate using their debit cards to open, withdraw, and maintain balances within their accounts.
- How Can I Ensure That The Outcomes Are Actually Randomized?
Most internet casino games, including online slots, online roulette, or online bingo utilize random number generators (RNG) to ensure players get fair and realistic results. These RNGs are mathematic algorithms that recreate digital random outcomes that are identical to the odds of offline betting results. Many of these RNGs are randomly reviewed by independent, third-party auditors, such as Price Waterhouse Coopers, Deloitte, or Ernst & Young to ensure players are provided fair odds.
- What Is The Average Payout Percentage?
In Canada, the legal minimum payout percentage on any online casino winnings is 96 percent. However, most casinos provide a standard 97 percent return on winnings with a 3 percent levy to the casino host.
- What To Know About Downloading Casino Software?
Players may be concerned that casino software includes viruses or malware that threatens the security of their computers. However, all casino software includes anti-virus applications to prevent computer infections, and protect player data.
- Are Online Casinos Compatible With Apple Products?
Players must download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to use web-based online casinos, which use Flash to power their software. Apple computer owners can download Flash, but Apple banned the media software on all iPads and iPhones. Apple mobile players must download online casinos to their phones in order to play.
- How To Know An Online Casino Is TrustworthyThe easiest way to verify the credibility of an online casino is to view their “About Us” page, and find the names of the software developers which license their gaming technology to the gambling sites. The most well-known software developers include Microgaming, Playtech, CryptoLogic and others. If the casino is powered by one of these developers, the site is a credible destination.
- What Is Proprietary Software?
Proprietary software is computer software owned by a patent or copyright holder, who licenses the software out to users under certain conditions. Software developers design and power the casino games found on gambling websites, which helps players identify credible and trustworthy online casinos.
- What Role Does CyberSecurity Play in Casino Gaming? More about CyberSecurity can be found here.