Blackjack is one of the most popular types of card game that you can enjoy at an online casino. Blackjack games are available in an extensive variety of great variants that you are bound to love.
However, you need to understand how this game works and how you can play it before you try. It’s all about knowing what to do with this game when it comes to figuring out what makes it worthwhile for when you’re looking for something to play with online.
What’s the Goal?
The goal of blackjack is easy to understand. You have to simply get a series of cards that are 21 points in total or lower and beat out the dealer’s hand. You have to avoid going over 21 points on your hand in order to win. In addition, the dealer can go over 21 and you will win so long as you have 21 points or less.
How to Play
The process of playing blackjack works in that you will get two cards at the start. The dealer will also get two cards.
The cards will be arranged based on their overall point values:
- All cards from 2 to 10 are worth their appropriate number totals.
- An ace is worth either 1 or 10 points.
- All face cards are 10 points.
You will get your two cards face up while the dealer has one card face up. You will have to then choose from one of a few decisions when getting your cards:
- You can hit, which involves getting another card. This can be done as many times as needed so long as you don’t go above 21.
- You can stand, which means that you will not take another card.
- You can double down on the first move. This means you will take another card while doubling the value of your bet. You won’t be able to take another card though.
- Finally, you can split on the first move. This is where you will get two separate hands as the two cards are split off into their own hands. This will require you to double your bet as the second hand is worth the same as the first. Also, this only works when you have two cards at the start of the same value. You won’t be able to make a hit though as each hand will only have two cards.
- Depending on where you go, you can also surrender if you feel you will not win after getting your first two cards. This is where you will lose but get half of your bet back.
The key is for you to get 21 points on your hand or at least get close to 21 without going over. You need to have a better total than whatever the dealer has or you need the dealer to bust, which is to go over 21.
Be advised that you’ll typically play with several virtual decks of cards on a blackjack game. This means that the cards will practically come out at random, thus forcing you to think more about how to compare your possible chances for winning versus what the dealer might get out of the game.
Your blackjack dealer will be subjected to many rules:
- The dealer always hits when under 17.
- The dealer will stand when at 17 or higher.
- A dealer may also hit on a soft 17. This is where the dealer has an ace in the combination.
How a Natural Blackjack Works
A natural blackjack occurs when you get an ace and a 10 or face card on the draw. You will get a 3-to-2 payout on this instead of the 2-to-1 payout that comes from a standard win. Be advised that the dealer could get a natural blackjack too.
What About Insurance?
Insurance is available for a small amount of money in some cases. This occurs when the dealer has an ace showing. You can choose to get insurance and then get paid 2-to-1 if the dealer has a natural blackjack.
Where to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is a fun game that has plenty of rules and numerous chances for players to win. You can play it online right now at the Jackpot Paradise or Vegas Paradise casino. These are two casinos that offer many blackjack variants and even some live dealer games. You can get $200 in free money on a first deposit bonus plus ten free video slot spins with your first deposit.